Today I am venting on my blog. What the
heck hell do I have a blog for if I can’t share what the heck hell I really feel? And it’s my blog, I can say what I want! So I am going to scratch that. See what I did there? Cleverness.
Some of my pet peeves are coming up. Pet peeves is such a bizarre term. But I guess that comes from being peeved. Your favorite things that PISS YOU THE HELL OFF! You might be one of the people who has caused me such irritation. I’m sorry for you.You need to change the way you are to completely satisfy me. No, I won’t name names. You know who you are. If you get offended, DON’T READ MY BLOG. (Wow, I am not usually so brash.) The first few are grammatical.
1) The word frustrating has an R up front. YES, it does! Can’t you spell? You certainly can’t read correctly. If I hear you say FUSTRATING one more time, I am going to let you have it. Because it FRUSTRATES me when you say it incorrectly. GET IT STRAIGHT.
2) When you are using a word with a vowel at the beginning of it, you need to say AN not A. You do not have A opinion, you have AN opinion. You do not eat A apple, you eat AN apple. You need to stop writing A article for the paper and start writing AN article. Do you see what I am doing here? I am just guiding you on the path to a better YOU.
3)”I AM LOOSING MY MIND!” Really? Because I think it came loose and fell out long ago. Seriously, you lose your mind; your tooth is loose. There are two different words we are working with here. You can’t just add as many o’s as you want. I swear I didn’t make the rules, I just follow them. Feel free to take it up with those who did. And good luck with that. And yes, I AM being the grammar police. Why? CUZ I CAN.
4) Yes. Yeah. Yea. Yah. Yay. Can we just agree on one way of spelling this?? Just like the “adult truth” I saw recently – can we just all agree not to use whatever comes after the Blu-ray?
5) Maybe this is a regional thing, I am not sure. Usually I am ok with people’s accents and variations on words, but…when the name “Wendy” is pronounced “Windy” and then this same person will pronounce “milk” like “melk”. Or they say you are from Chicago, ELLinois. Not ILLinois. Are you ELL instead of ILL? No, I don’t think so.
Other things that are a little annoying. Silly, really.
1) I could leave it at just that one word, couldn’t I? There are many things that make texting annoying. A few near and dear to my heart are as follows:
A) Someone who is on their phone constantly, texts back RIGHT AWAY, but when you ask them something they don’t want to answer, they don’t. It could be DAYS or simply “I never got that text. Huh.” Jerks. Just say NO, people. If you don’t want to do it, be a part of it, say NO. I have been saying NO a lot more lately. Usually I am a pushover and I let people walk over me because I’m too nice to say NO. This is one of my new year’s resolutions. JUST SAY NO. To whatever. Saying NO to drugs is easy. Saying NO to a friend is hard.
B) To quote a tweet from Dane Cook that I happened to retweet recently, “How long should you wait for a reply from someone via text before you assume they’ve been murdered?” This could apply to the person who always answers their texts right away but mainly it is for those who just never answer you sometimes. Why? Then you start thinking, did they change their number? Did I piss them off? Maybe they read one of my blog posts and I have made them angry at me and I did not realize it! OR have they been murdered?!
C) The wicked long texter. When you get a text from them and it’s actually broken up into like 5 texts? And you have to wait for the next one and then the next one to come through? I am guilty of this sometimes. But I hate it when I get one answer texts (That is D) that don’t answer my question or are so vague that I think they might be replying to someone else’s text but sent it to me instead. So to make up for those texters, I over-explain.
D) See above.
3) Twitter direct messages. If I delete a message on my phone that I have sent to someone, it deletes it out of their “inbox”? Seriously? That shit ain’t right. So again, because I like to keep it clean, people aren’t getting MY messages. Nice.
4) People that USE others. Oh, you work at such and such a place, can I get a discount? If I offer you my discount, that is one thing. If you ask me for it, that is just rude. You don’t love me, you love my discount. Especially since I just met you. And don’t show up at my job and expect me to give it to you. I will leave yo ass in line and decide it is time to go on my break. This is also a good time to practice saying NO. Don’t get me wrong, if you are a good friend and we’ve been friends for years and you ask once in a while, that is different. I know you are just not using me for that. On the other hand, it can sometimes be a good friend, but they have that streak in them that comes out of nowhere. “Hey, can I totally inconvenience you for like 3 days?” NO.
Wow. That stuff has been bothering me for like, 23 years. I’m so glad I got that off my chest. Ha! That’s another post altogether. Ugh. Men!
I hope you don’t think I am being mean. I am just stating my opinion, which is perfectly ok to do so since this is my blog and there is freedom of speech and you know what, I don’t care if you do. Feel free to vent your own irritations and peevishness. It’s fun.